We are not actively looking for this position, but if you feel that you meet the requirements below please email us with your resume.
Lauterbach, Borschow & Co. (Lauterbach) is looking for a Tax Supervisor to join our team. As a Tax Supervisor you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts; your technical & quality expertise and delivering excellent client service.
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Provide detail review and analysis of tax returns
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, concerns, etc.
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Performing, documenting, summarizing, and reviewing research conclusions regarding specific tax issues Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- BA/BS Degree - preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- 3-5 years experience working in a public accounting firm with current tax experience with a strong background in Individuals, Partnerships, S Corporations and C Corporations and Commercial industries
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of tax law/rules and implications
- Experience preparing and reviewing returns
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Masters of Accounting
- CPA or can demonstrate progress toward obtaining
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Working knowledge of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, industry specialization is a plus
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
Lauterbach, Borschow & Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.